Metal roofing is an extremely appealing option for many homeowners. It’s a great way to improve the look of your home while also providing plenty of practical benefits. Every homeowner has to decide which roofing option is right for their budget and their home. Getting familiar with the benefits of metal roofing in Omaha is a good place to start when trying to decide whether or not to install a metal roof.
The Primary Benefits of Metal Roofing
Working with a roofing company in Omaha helps ensure that you get a professionally installed metal roof. Shamrock Roofing and Construction has a lot of experience when it comes to metal roof installation. When considering whether or not to install a metal roof on your Omaha home, the experts at Shamrock Roofing can help guide you to quality materials, help you choose colors and styles that fit your home’s personality, and answer any questions you have before making your final decision.
Metal roofing can do wonders for your home, depending on your goals and priorities. Reading through the following benefits of metal roofing will help you decide if this is the right decision for you.
- Increased wind resistance. Almost every type of metal roofing has an interlocking design that is intended to hold everything together. Most other types of roofing, such as composite shingles, overlap the components and let gravity do the rest. This becomes problematic when winds start roaring, carrying shingles away and forcing accompanying rain up under the shingles.
- More efficient-energy. Having a metal roof, especially one in a light color, saves on utility costs. The lighter color reflects sunlight, which helps keep your home cooler in hotter weather. This dramatically reduces the cost of keeping your home comfortable in the summer. An added bonus is that a lighter color deflects harmful UV rays, which also helps prolong the life of the roof.
- A highly versatile material. Some roofing materials are more suited for specific home designs. However, metal roofs can be altered and crafted specifically for any type of design. They can be made to look like tile, slate, shakes, or wood. Regardless of your home’s architectural style or your personal taste, a metal roof fits the bill.
- Decrease the cost of maintaining your home. Metal roofs don’t wear down the same way that many other types of roofs do. A metal roof installed by a professional roofing contractor like Shamrock Roofing will stand the test of time, lasting on average 40 – 70 years, depending on the materials chosen. You save a little money by not having to replace missing or broken shingles.
- A more environmentally friendly option. Your metal roof decreases environmental waste both when it’s new and when it’s reached the end of its life. A new metal roof will be made of some percentage of recycled material, ranging from 35-95%. So you’ll be putting recycled material to use in the beginning, when the roof is stalled. At the end of its life, your roof should be 100% recyclable. Unlike other materials, your roof will never reside in a landfill.
Ready to Install a Metal Roof?
With so many compelling benefits, it’s easy to see why metal roofing has grown dramatically in popularity. Should you invest in metal roofing for your Omaha home? That’s a question only you can answer. But the roofing experts at Shamrock Roofing and Construction can help. Contact us for more information or to get your questions answered. We’ll help you make the right choice!