TPO short for Thermoplastic Polyolefin has been used for over 20 years now in the roofing industry. TPO is a modern day material developed for various applications one of the major uses is in the Roofing industry. This material has great advantages and is cost effective.
TPOs ability for being UV and heat resistant makes the home environment safer for the residents. Being heat resistant helps to better maintain home temperatures and aids insulation.
TPO has a reflective white surface that helps in reducing energy costs and also prevents urban heat island effects. It is also developed to be flexible to withstand the changes in temperature and hold its shape.
Key Characteristics of TPO Roofing
- Economical as it offers similar benefits to PVC and better energy efficiency, but at a much more economical cost
- TPO Roofing is commonly available in white, grey and black reflective color options, but with advancement of technology, it enables multiple colors for the membranes, as suitable to the design and outlook of the house.
- TPO Roofing is made to be flexible, and thermally more acceptable, which makes it fight growth of mold, resistance to tears, cracks and punctures and most of all accumulation of dirt.
- As TPO roofing requires minimal time for installation, due to its light weight and size, it directly translates to savings.
- TPO Roofing also helps the environment by reducing the carbon foot print. Which means having TPO membrane on the roof will keep your home interior cooler and reduce airconditioning costs.
Shamrock Roofing provides a complete application service of TPO to existing roofs and new constructions.