Johnson County deals with its fair shares of hard, harsh weather, such as long, sweltering hot summers, frigid winters, ice, snow, high winds, rainstorms, and hail. How do you make your commercial roof stand up to these conditions? Below, we will share some tips from top commercial roofing contractors in Johnson County on how to make sure your business’ roof is durable and long-lasting. Continue reading to hear commercial roofing contractors in Johnson County share ways to ensure your commercial roof will last! Shamrock Roofing is always there to help out with any roofing problems.
Make Sure You Choose Quality Materials
Whether you need an emergency roof repair in Johnson County or an entirely new roof, be sure the contractors you work with are using high-quality roofing materials. When choosing the material for your roof, there are different factors to take into consideration, including:
- Foot Traffic
- Rooftop Features (i.e., solar panels, satellite dishes, etc.)
A qualified Johnson County roofing company will be able to help you determine which material will work best for the roof of your business. Some options include:
- Metal Roofing—This is one of the most popular choices for both businesses and most commercial roofing contractors in Johnson County. It is incredibly durable, requires very little maintenance, and stands up well to ice, hail, and high winds.
- Asphalt Shingles—While asphalt shingles are more commonly considered for residential roofs, premium Johnson County roofing contractors will tell you that they are an excellent choice for many commercial roofs as well, especially those with steep slopes. Asphalt shingles are inexpensive, relatively low-maintenance, and the colors and style options available can enhance the look of your building.
- Modified Bitumen—This is another good choice for commercial roofs. It is more expensive, but is water-resistant and can last close to 70 years if taken care of properly.
- Built-Up Roof—This type of roofing system uses layer stuck together with a sealant material, like tar. They seal extremely well, which makes them a good choice if you have a lot of foot traffic on your roof. They also hold up well to hail and severe weather.
Make Sure You Properly Maintain Your Commercial Roof
To protect the investment in your commercial roof, make sure to schedule regular roof inspections with a premium Johnson County roofing company and keep up with necessary roof repair in Johnson County. This will help extend the life of your commercial roof.
Over time, no matter the type of roofing system you choose, the materials will start to weaken and wear down due to age and exposure to elements. By having your roof inspected regularly, you will be able to spot any damage before it becomes a severe problem. This can also help you keep the rest of your building safe from leaks and water damage. While roof repairs and inspections may seem expensive, maintaining your roof up front will keep you from costly, extensive repairs. They will also save you time in the long run and help your roof last longer.
If you are in need of a commercial roof inspection, commercial roof repair, or need a new roof for your Johnson County business, call the best roofers in Johnson County. Shamrock Roofing would love to help ensure your commercial roof will last a lifetime. Call us at (913) 850-6556.