The worst thing that can happen to your roof is a leakage, there is a risk of not just damaging the roof but also other areas such as the attic, walls, and the interior of the house. If you have located the leakage in the roof, it is vital to patch it as quickly as possible this will stop the roof from damaging further. Below is how to patch a roof leak?
- how to patch a hole in the roofing?
- how to fix a hole in roofing
- how to repair the hole in the roofing
Things you will need to on how to patch a hole in the roofing?
- Measuring Tape
- Asphalt Shingle
- Hammer, Nails
- Pry Bar
- Roofing Adhesive
Firstly, you will have to check where the leakage is? Climb to your attic to inspect the area. When the leakage is located the area will be damp, inspect carefully to see where exactly the hole is. To locate the leakage on the outside, take the measurement from the inside and then transfer it to the exterior.
How to repair the hole in the roof?
- The ladder is placed securely up against the wall and head to the roof.
- Remove damaged asphalt shingle, remove the nails with the pry bar.
- shingle is removed and with the pry bar to lift the shingle.
- Take the right size asphalt shingle and place it below the shingle to cover the area.
- Fix the shingle and secure it with nails.
- Roofing adhesive is applied on top of the nails and the shingles are pressed down.
- After the adhesive dries, your roofing will repel water safely.
If repairing a roof is not your cup of tea then it is better to take the help of a professional and get your roofing a perfect repair. Contact us now.