The flat roofs are very strong and extremely durable, and over time it can withstand the changing weather conditions.
You can give the roof a new life and it is very easy to seal your flat roof. With the help of a paint roller and a squeegee, the roof will be back in shape and you will save money.
- Weather conditions should be taken into consideration before you start work.
- Dry all the spots of standing water on the roof.
- Check the roof for any holes or tears. Cover the open seams, holes or tears with the Roofer ‘caulk.
- Remove the asphalt patches and old silicone caulking material, with a scraper.
- Clean the roof from dirt, leaves, and debris. Use soapy water and scrub.
- Apply the liquid rubber roofs coating on the flat roof.
- The perimeter of the roof is outlined, surrounding the vent flashing and every other lump, with the help of a paintbrush. Use the brush to apply liquid rubber on all the areas where the roller is unable to reach.
- With the help of a short-nap roller covering on the paint roller and an extended pole attached to the paint roller, the reach of the roller is extended.
- Liquid rubber is directly poured onto the roofs. And with the help of a long-handled squeegee, spread the liquid rubber out.
- With the help of the paint roller smoothen the rubber and spread the material all over the roof.
- Continue this process until the entire roof is covered with liquid rubber. Wait till all the coating of the roof is dried as recommended by the manufacturer before you step on the roof.
What you see above is the DIY approach to sealing a roof. Trust us it’s better left to the professionals. Please feel free to give us a call if your roof needs to be sealed properly. We have the tools and the experience to get things done swiftly. Connect with us right away to get a quote.