It’s almost 2024, and new Roofing Trends are rising with the new year. As with any home decor choice, styles change, and technology gets another foot in the door. There are new modern roofing solutions to consider for your new build or re-roof project.
Here are some of the top roofing trends of the year, as well as innovative roofing materials coming forward in 2024.
- Steep Slope Roofs are common today, and the materials being used on these roofs include asphalt roll roofing, asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, wood shakes, slate, and metal. One statistic reports: Steep-slope asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing material in the U.S., with 83% of roofing contractors listing it as their primary source of revenue, according to a 2023 report.
- Metal Roofing is all the rage this year. Combined with new modern remodels and new builds, homebuilders are choosing Black or Charcoal colors predominately. Metal roofing is the second-most popular material for both residential and commercial roofs, according to a 2023 State of the Roofing Industry report.⁴ It is also to be noted that the global metal roofing market is expected to grow by 3.5% annually between 2020 to 2030, based on a 2021 report.
- Self-healing Shingles are becoming a welcome choice over traditional, affordable, asphalt shingles. The downside to asphalt has been its tendency to lift, crack, or peel with age. Now, we have an innovative roofing material that repairs itself when a tear or crack occurs. Made from thermoplastics, these shingles heat up in the sun, the polymers separate when they cool, and the molecules in the thermoplastic create new bonds, healing any scars or flaws from wear and tear. Another beautiful benefit of these innovative roofing materials is that the new coating technology also repels water and dirt, providing a cleaner, longer-lasting roofing material.
- Cool Roofing, light-colored or metal roof material, is marching into the new year along with the green movement. This modern roofing solution is becoming popular, especially in the hotter climates, for decreasing energy use and providing air conditioning efficiency for the home.
- Impact-resistant Shingles are becoming the go-to in regions where hail damage is more common. These shingles are polymer-modified and are more resilient when tested against weather impact. The results speak for themselves as some insurance companies offer discounts for installing impact-resistant shingles on your home.
In this article, we have only provided a few of the top innovative roofing trends of the year. As design and technology evolve, we must evolve with it. At Shamrock Roofing and Construction, we want you to know that we are moving and growing along with the trends. Our Shamrock Roofers are continuously becoming educated in the latest modern roofing solutions on the market. Our mission is to provide our community with quality and reliable roofing services. Call for your free roofing consultation today.