Just like picking the right color for your home is important, so is choosing the right roof color! You want your new roof to compliment your home and increase its curb appeal. Although it may seem insignificant, the right color shingle can drastically change the look of your home and boost its resale value – just ask any roofing companies in Kansas City. Choosing The Right Roof Shingle Color In Kansas City.
Deciding it’s time for a new roof can be dreadful enough, and knowing which shingle color to choose from can make the experience even more stressful. To make your new roofing experience an easy and pleasant one, your premier roofing company in Kansas City has put together a list of tips to know which direction to lean towards when deciding on a roof color.
- Know what type of roof you have. Is your roof more of a flat roof, an A-frame, a hip roof, or a combination? Your shingles will be more noticeable the greater the slope of your roof is. Choosing a color based on your homes architectural style is a great first step.
- Look at the rest of your neighborhood’s homes and their roofs. The region you live in will play a huge factor in knowing what color to choose. Because the desert and the south receive more sun than up north, what may look great in Arizona will look awful on a cottage in Maine. So, noticing what color roofs your neighbors have can give you a good, general idea on what to do.
- House color and building structure are important factors in deciding shingle style and color. Do you have a red brick house? Then black, grey, or dark brown shingles are a good choice for you. What if you have a white or beige house? Then your color palette is much more broad for you to choose from, as white homes look good with nearly any color, depending on the architecture of your home. Our roofing contractors in Kansas City are experts on this subject,
- Is energy efficiency important to you? Dark colored roofs absorb heat; so if possible, it’s a good idea to choose a lighter color shingle. A light color, like white, will create a cooling effect on your home, reducing your electricity bills by a decent amount.If energy efficiency is important to you, roofing contractors in Kansas City will be able to discuss the different options with you.
- Check with your homeowner’s association on regulations regarding roofing colors. Many neighborhoods have specific rules and covenants regarding acceptable paint and roof colors. Some home associations want all homes in the neighborhood to look similar. This goes back to suggestion on looking at the roofs in your area to get a good idea on what will work well.
- Talk to roofing companies in Kansas City to help guide your decision. They are professionals that do it for a living and have a good idea what type and color shingle will compliment your house the best. A premier roofing company in Kansas City like Shamrock Roofing and Construction will have the best knowledge on roofing in your area. So if you want the best roofer in Kansas City, contact us for any questions or to receive an estimate and we’d be happy to help.